This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: automake-devel-1.7.6-2
- From: Charles Wilson <cwilson at ece dot gatech dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 02:07:48 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: automake-devel-1.7.6-2
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
[does NOT require cygwin-1.5.3+ -- I just never announced this upload]
Version 1.7.6-2 of the automake-devel package is now available. It
contains GNU automake-1.7.6 installed into /usr/autotool/devel.
Changes from 1.7.6-1:
o move documentation to /usr/share/* and /usr/autotool/devel/share/*
Other important info:
o requires autoconf-2.54 or newer
o no testsuite regressions (that is, any test that existed in 1.7.5
and was passed then, is still passed now in 1.7.6)
o Continued test failures (failed in both 1.7.5 and 1.7.6)
Summary: 1 failure + 13 skips out of 457 tests.
See NOTES section, below.
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at the above URL.
Bugs fixed in 1.7.6:
* Fix depcomp's icc mode for ICC 7.1.
* Diagnose calls to AC_CONFIG_FILES and friends with not
* Fix maintainer-clean's removal of autom4te.cache in VPATH builds.
* Fix AM_PATH_LISPDIR to work with POSIXLY_CORRECT=1.
* Fix the location reported in some diagnostics related to
* Remove Latin-1 characters from elisp-comp.
* Update the manual's @dircategory to match the Free Software Directory.
This is due to the 'cp -p' bug in fileutils. Check the cygwin mailing
list archives for May 2002 for more info.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html