This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 1.5.3-1: sshd stopped working after update to 3.6.1p2-2
- From: David Rothenberger <daveroth at acm dot org>
- To: rmd6502 at yahoo dot com
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 22:28:04 -0700
- Subject: Re: 1.5.3-1: sshd stopped working after update to 3.6.1p2-2
- References: <3F581308.email@example.com>
Robert Diamond wrote:
I'm running on win2k, latest patches from MS. The system is behind a
SMC7004AWBR router, via DSL (SBC). I had no problems getting in via ssh
for the past year, but after today's update, I can't get in through the
router. I can get in through localhost, and other systems on the local
lan. I checked that port 22 was still open on the router, and set to
the right server, and that other ports still connect properly from the
outsire world. The only thing I changed on the system was the update to
the latest cygwin, and ssh failed immediately after that, so that's the
first thing I'm checking.
I suggest using libpcap and Ethereal <http://www.ethereal.com/> or some
other network analyzer to see if the ssh traffic is getting to your
win2k box at all.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html