This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cat not found
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: "Garcia, Lucy" <lucy dot garcia at ngc dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 16:32:57 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: cat not found
- References: <A84E6C6CE36DA64EB6613FCA94269DF61F9CA6@xcgca029>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Thu, 4 Sep 2003, Garcia, Lucy wrote:
> I just re-installed cygwin for the nth time, but for some strange reason,
> cat is not included. When I run cygcheck -c I get the following:
> Cygwin Win95/NT Configuration Diagnostics
> Current System Time: Thu Sep 04 12:49:52 2003
> Lucy Garcia
Looks like the output of "cygcheck -svr" to me. In the future, please
*attach* this output as an uncompressed text *attachment*, as including it
inline produces many false positives for people searching the archives.
As for your "cat" (program, not feline) problem, you should simply use the
package search page at <http://cygwin.com/packages/> to locate the package
that contains "bin/cat.exe" and install it.
|\ _,,,---,,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ email@example.com
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"I have since come to realize that being between your mentor and his route
to the bathroom is a major career booster." -- Patrick Naughton
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html