This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: How to compile static to avoid the need for cygwin1.dll
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 16:28:18 +0200
- Subject: Re: How to compile static to avoid the need for cygwin1.dll
- References: <3F572F78.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Thu, Sep 04, 2003 at 09:26:32AM -0300, Ivan Hernandez wrote:
> Hello! i'm trying searchs in google to find info on how to compile
> statically linked binary files on cugwin in order to avoid the need of
> having cygwin1.dll with my programs. I need it because some people is
> alergic to thing that don't understand, and i will not code twice things
> that are already done in *nix and compiles with cygwin!
> Please, if someone knows something better than the old -static thing for
> the gcc let me know!
Nope, no chance. You're aware of the Cygwin license especially when it
comes to usage in prorietary projects, are you? Just asking...
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Red Hat, Inc.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html