This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: exim-4.22-1
- From: "Pierre A. Humblet" <pierre at phumblet dot no-ip dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 22:55:39 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: exim-4.22-1
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
I have updated Exim, the Mail Transfer Agent, to exim-4.22-1.
It is the first stable release since the current 4.20.
- The list of Exim changes appears in
and in /usr/share/doc/exim-4.22/NewStuff
- exim-config now allows to launch Exim as a service on Win9X/ME.
- This port requires Cygwin 1.5 and the documentation is under /usr/share/doc.
Old gdbm databases are incompatible with the gdbm software for Cygwin 1.5.
Exim handles the transition gracefully (making an entry in its log).
However if you revert to an earlier Exim release, it will be necessary to
delete all files in /var/spool/exim/db. This causes no permanent loss of
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://www.cygwin.com web page. This downloads setup.exe
to your system. Then run setup and answer all of the questions.
Exim is in the Mail category.
If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
mailing list: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html