This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: cygwin-1.5.3-1
- From: Christopher Faylor <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 14:24:33 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: cygwin-1.5.3-1
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
I've made a new version of the Cygwin DLL and associated utilities
available for download. As usual, a list of what has changed is below.
This is the first non-test 1.5.x release. This means that the 1.5.x
series of the cygwin DLL will be the default from now on.
As previously reported here, 1.5.x versions of cygwin1.dll contain major
changes in some APIs such that 64 bit file I/O operations are now
available. This means that some structures such as those found in
'stat' and 'dirent' have changed. This version also supports 32 bit
uids. Older applications will continue to work correctly but DLLs and
libraries which use any structures whose size has changed will need to
be recompiled and relinked.
There have been two problems with previous 1.5.x releases. One involved
any application that used fdopen and another involved any application
that used -lc on the command line. If you have rebuilt a library or
application for 1.5.0 or 1.5.1 and you used either of these, you will
need to relink your app for 1.5.3. I'm very sorry for the
inconvenience. Executables linked for/with 1.5.2 or 1.3.32 or earlier
should continue to work fine.
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.
If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
mailing list at: email@example.com .
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
Red Hat, Inc.
Changes since 1.5.2-1:
- Fix problems where cygwin heap could run into mmapped regions.
- Allow greater number of recursive signal invocations. (Pierre Humblet)
- Fix problems using libm.a which resulted in "File truncated" errors
during link. (Christopher Faylor)
- Check arguments for mount/umount syscalls to avoid crashes.
- Recognize special names with extensions as needing encoding under
managed mode. (Christopher Faylor)
- Do sanity checking on packages when they are reported by "cygcheck -c".
- Implement cygcheck --list-package (-l) option to list all files in an
installed package. (Igor Pechtchanski)
- Implement cygcheck --find-package (-f) option to find the installed
package associated with a file. (Igor Pechtchanski)
- Fix possible crash in mmap if file size is less than requested map
length. (Corinna Vinschen)
- Add a bunch of convenience macros to sys/params.h. (Nicholas Wourms)
- Return more accurate errnos when reading/writing raw disk and tape
devices. (Corinna Vinschen)
- Fix problem where some network applications (notably ftp) could crash
on attempts to connect to more than one host. (Christopher Faylor)
- Try harder to kill a windows process when using the "kill -f" command.
- Use cygserver library when building a cygwin DLL meant to interoperate with
the (experimental) cygserver. (Christopher Faylor)
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html