This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: display remote X client on cygwin machine's display?
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: cyggie at eHa dot no-ip dot org
- Cc: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 22:22:44 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: display remote X client on cygwin machine's display?
- References: <200308312324.h7VNOneH032139@eHa.no-ip.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 cyggie@eHa.no-ip.org wrote:
> i have cygwin installed on my win2k box, and KDE-cygwin too, which work
> fine. When I ssh to my favorite linux-based server and run gnucash, I
> get "Gtk-WARNING" **: cannot open display:". Then I run KDE-cygwin and
> ssh to the same server from a Konsole, but I get the same error when I
> run gnucash. Yet this works when ssh'ing from my linux-based laptop,
> which runs KDE. Is there a way with cygwin to display X clients I launch
> on a remote machine on the local display?
You'll find more expertise on this subject on the cygwin-xfree list (which
deals with all issues XFree86). I'm redirecting your message there.
Please remove <cygwin at cygwin dot com> from further replies.
|\ _,,,---,,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ email@example.com
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"I have since come to realize that being between your mentor and his route
to the bathroom is a major career booster." -- Patrick Naughton
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html