This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: autoconf 2.54-1 writes dos files
- From: Charles Wilson <cwilson at ece dot gatech dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 15:14:16 -0400
- Subject: Re: autoconf 2.54-1 writes dos files
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sam Steingold wrote:
I just noticed that autoconf 2.54-1 writes configure files with DOS
CR/LF line ends!
I check "unix" in "default text file type" setup option and I do not
have any CRs in the configure.in files!
autoconf is a perl program. There were some releases of perl that had a
few issues with incorrectly using DOS line endings even on binary
mounts. Try upgrading perl to the most recent release (5.8.0-5 for
"regular" cygwin; 5.8.1-something for "test" or "experimental" cygwin)
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html