This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Newbie Help: IMAP Server
- From: Chris Withers <chrisw at nipltd dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 10:20:29 +0100
- Subject: Newbie Help: IMAP Server
- Organization: New Information Paradigms
I'd like to get an IMAP Server up and running on my Windows desktop machine to
serve up my old archived mail.
In the abscence of any obvious, decent Open Source IMAP Servers for native
Windows, I turned to Cygwin.
Ideally, I want to be running either Cyrus or Courier, but after a cursory
Google I couldn't find any examples of those being run on Windows or under
Cygwin. That said, I'm sure either of them could be run under Cygwin, has anyone
here managed it?
Anyway, failing that, I ran setup.exe and selected the various uw-imap packages.
The seemed to install fine but now I'm a bit miffed. I'm having a hard time
finding installation and configuration docs for these packages.
That said, I think setup.py installed things okay, which leaves me with a few
1. How to I configure the IMAP demon, setup an account on it, etc.
2. How do I run it?
3. How do I configure it/cygwin so that is starts whenever the machine boots up?
If there's obvious docs that answer these, please point me in the right
Thanks for any help!
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html