This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: please include ispell package as an optional download in cygwin
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Glen Peterson <glen at organicdesign dot org>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 23:33:24 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: please include ispell package as an optional download in cygwin
- References: <200308300325.XAA21248@arkroyal.cnchost.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Fri, 29 Aug 2003, Glen Peterson wrote:
> I am an XEmacs user under Windows XP and I need a spelling package to help
> me. Ispell was my only option. After spending a few hours trying to
> compile ispell and finding I was missing certain required libraries, I found
> a precompiled version for cygwin at:
> I unzipped that (it worked immediately under cygwin), and added the ispell
> bin directory to my path in order to make it work with XEmacs. If you
> included ispell with cygwin, that would save almost all the trouble of
> adding spell-checking to XEmacs.
> Let me know if I can do anything to help get this package included. Thank
> you very much for providing cygwin. It's a big help to me.
|\ _,,,---,,_ email@example.com
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"I have since come to realize that being between your mentor and his route
to the bathroom is a major career booster." -- Patrick Naughton
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html