This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Odd perl 5.8.0 error
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <freeweb at nyckelpiga dot de>
- To: Andrew DeFaria <Andrew at DeFaria dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 13:11:46 +0200
- Subject: Re: Odd perl 5.8.0 error
- Organization: Esse keine toten Tiere
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: "Gerrit P. Haase" <freeweb at nyckelpiga dot de>
> All of a sudden a Perl script of mine that has been working fine for a
> long time stopped working. I've traced it down to the following line in
> my $nbr_msgs = `grep -ce "^From " "$returned_dir/$sender"`;
> Seems innocent enough right? Here's the error message:
> C:\Cygwin\bin\perl.exe: *** couldn't release memory 0x9D4000(1032192)
> alignment, Win32 error 487
> 13 [main] perl 1040 sync_with_child: child 5780(0x648) died before
> initialization with status code 0x1
> I searched winerror.h to find;
> #define ERROR_INVALID_ADDRESS 487L
> Any ideas?
Looks like a rebase issue, though I thought that only Win95/98/ME are
affected by this.
Does the failure happens sporadically or on regular basis now?
You don't have updated perl or cygwin before this happend the first
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html