This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: basename(), dirname(), what happened?
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gerrit at familiehaase dot de>
- To: Elfyn McBratney <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 12:28:48 +0200
- Subject: Re: basename(), dirname(), what happened?
- Organization: Esse keine toten Tiere
- References: <email@example.com><20030829100633.GH614@emcb.co.uk>
- Reply-to: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gerrit at familiehaase dot de>
>> I found a thread from January about these two functions. Are they
>> included in the meantime?
> Nope. I was working on implementing there libgen functions as I had a
> need for them in application where they were a) not availabe and b) I
> could not use the *BSD/[L]GPL versions.
Why are the *BSD versions not usable?
> I believe Nicholas Worums was working (or still is working) on importing
> them into newlib, at least that's how I read a post of his on
> cygwin-patches, IIRC.
> I would do this myself, but I have committed myself to far too much, and
> even simple things like this just get left on the back-burner.
No problem, I need also 24 more hours a day;)
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html