This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 1.5.3s: /dev/clipboard does not work for non-cygwin programs
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-idd at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 11:56:08 -0400
- Subject: Re: 1.5.3s: /dev/clipboard does not work for non-cygwin programs
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 11:51:20AM -0400, Rolf Campbell wrote:
>$ ipconfig > /dev/clipboard
>$ ipconfig | cat > /dev/clipboard
>The first command does *nothing* to the content of the clipboard. The
>2nd command does what I expected the first command to do.
And is this a regression? I would be astonished if a non-cygwin program
could understand a cygwin-specific device like /dev/clipboard.
Please use the resources at cygwin.com rather than sending personal email.
Special for spam email harvesters: send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
and be permanently blocked from mailing lists at sources.redhat.com
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html