This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: poatgres help
- From: Jason Tishler <jason at tishler dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 07:09:36 -0400
- Subject: Re: poatgres help
- References: <3F4A6C54.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, Aug 25, 2003 at 04:06:44PM -0400, terry wrote:
> I'm not sure if this is the same under cygwin, but, you need to start
> postmaster with the -i option to use psql. I believe that postgres
> starts for only programming type of access without it.
The above is not true. The "-i" option just directs postmaster to listen
on a TCP/IP socket in addition to the default Unix domain socket. Note
one can use psql without it.
Please do not spread misinformation.
PGP/GPG Key: http://www.tishler.net/jason/pubkey.asc or key servers
Fingerprint: 7A73 1405 7F2B E669 C19D 8784 1AFD E4CC ECF4 8EF6
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html