This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Failing to delete files that is hold by makegroup
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Johan Kruger <JKR at Nanoteq dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 10:59:33 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: Failing to delete files that is hold by makegroup
- References: <5AC9A01A8B1175418B4DF7F45DD94D5F1E5361@srvexch1.nanoteq.co.za>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Mon, 25 Aug 2003, Johan Kruger wrote:
> Please help, on my Windows2000 machine a failed build script has left a
> directory on my machine that I am unable to delete, I have searched the
> internet, tried chmod to no avail, even tried shred. I am in a bit of
> confusion at this stage.
> Johan Kruger
What program do you use to delete directories? What message are you
getting when you try to delete that directory?
If you get "permission denied", what is the output of 'ls -ld <dir>'?
What about 'getfacl <dir>'? Who is the owner of the directory?
|\ _,,,---,,_ email@example.com
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"I have since come to realize that being between your mentor and his route
to the bathroom is a major career booster." -- Patrick Naughton
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html