This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: postgres help
- From: Jason House <jhouse at mitre dot org>
- To: Jason Tishler <jason at tishler dot net>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com, pgsql-cygwin at postgresql dot org
- Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 08:50:04 -0400
- Subject: Re: postgres help
- References: <3F46A361.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20030824210706.GO1676@tishler.net>
I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that I did verify that /tmp/.s.PSQL.5432
was not present. As far as version of cygwin, I don't know how to check
it. I did run setup within the past week. It should be an up to date
Jason Tishler wrote:
On Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 07:12:33PM -0400, Jason House wrote:
I don't understand why I'm getting the following error:
$ psql -U postgres template1
psql: could not connect to server: No such file or directory
Is the server running locally and accepting
connections on Unix domain socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432"?
Was does the following yield?
$ ls -l /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432
srwxrwxrwx 1 postgres None 0 Aug 23 12:51 /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432
What version of Cygwin are you using?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html