This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Compress info and man pages ?
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <freeweb at nyckelpiga dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 13:52:30 +0200
- Subject: Re: Compress info and man pages ?
- Organization: Esse keine toten Tiere
- References: <Pine.WNT.4.56.0308241956450.2152@pervalidus>
- Reply-to: "Gerrit P. Haase" <freeweb at nyckelpiga dot de>
> Now that the documentation is moving to /usr/share, are there
> any plans to compress the info and man pages like in cygwin-doc
> Since gzip is in Base I suppose that wouldn't break anything.
> It may save considerable disk space. Does anyone with a full
> install know how much ?
You would save about 20-30MB probably. I don't regard this as
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html