This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
problem compiling cygwin, make fails in winsup/cygwin
- From: "peter garrone" <pgarrone at linuxmail dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 15:30:26 +0800
- Subject: problem compiling cygwin, make fails in winsup/cygwin
I am attempting to build cygwin from source.
The make fails in i686-pc-cygwin/winsup/cygwin, error is
make: *** No rule to make target `/usr/lib/w32api/Makefile', needed by `/lib/'. Stop.
Before this point, the following messages were also emitted.
Making each object:
cc1(plus):warning: changing search order for system directory "/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/3.2/include"
cc1(plus):warning: as it has already been specified as a non-system directory
Then immediately before the fatal error:
make: Circular /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/3.2/../../../../i686-pc-cygwin/lib <-
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/3.2/../../../../i686-pc-cygwin/lib dependency dropped
(This lib directory did not exist. Creating it has no effect.)
To reach this, i did the following
1) Untared cygwin-1.3.22-1-src.tar.bz2 in /usr/local/src of a cygwin computer.
2) created and entered a parallel build directory, cygwin_build.
3) entered the command: ../cygwin-1.3.22-1/configure --prefix=/usr/local/cygwin
4) then went make
Where am I doing wrong? Are there any instructions for this?
Now with e-mail forwarding for only US$5.95/yr
Powered by Outblaze
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html