This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: New version help
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Fred Mülder <hotdog at icon dot co dot za>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 10:12:42 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: New version help
- References: <CCEEIJGGCAJKAOCPBHADMEFHCAAA.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Sun, 24 Aug 2003, Fred Mülder wrote:
> I have used an older version of Cygwin before. With the new version when I
> click on the icon, I get stuck with a console prompt that says bash-2.05b$,
> and I am sort of lost from there, as I can't change directory, neither can I
> use g++, tar or any other command. I am lost. Can someone please tell me
> where I am, and how to get to a point where I can help myself again?
> Thanks in advance!
Please read <http://cygwin.com/problems.html>, in particular the bit about
attaching cygcheck output. This output will contain the information about
your machine and your Cygwin installation. The cygcheck executable should
be in c:\cygwin\bin, provided you installed in the standard suggested
|\ _,,,---,,_ email@example.com
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"I have since come to realize that being between your mentor and his route
to the bathroom is a major career booster." -- Patrick Naughton
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html