Re: proftpd

Here is how you do it:

1) Modify the /etc/proftpd.conf file to have the following:

ServerType	inetd

Then modify your ftp line in your /etc/inetd.conf file:

ftp   stream   ftp   nowait   root /usr/sbin/in.proftpd in.proftpd

Then restart your inetd daemon.  If you did not startup the process you
will need to do this:

Startup the inetd service

cygrunsrv -I inetd -d "CYGWIN inetd" -p /usr/sbin/inetd -a -d -e CYGWIN=ntsec
cygrunsrv -S inetd

If it still does not run check the /var/log/messages to see what errors
you have trying to connect to the ftp server.  Most likely the
/etc/proftpd.conf file needs to be modified.

Enjoy,
Russell