This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <freeweb at nyckelpiga dot de>
- To: "Bill McCormick" <wpmccormick at covad dot net>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 18:02:09 +0200
- Subject: Re: mod_auth_mysql
- Organization: Esse keine toten Tiere
- References: <NDBBLLFMLFMANIDPNADCCEMLFEAA.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: "Gerrit P. Haase" <freeweb at nyckelpiga dot de>
>> You need a mysql client library to link against. _compress is
>> probably in zlib.
> Sorry Gerrit, I said binaries and meant src (above).
> I see no zlib nor find no zlib*.
zlib is the canonical name of the zlib package / project, the library is
called cygz.dll and the archive libz.a (libz.dll.a) you can add it add
to the linkline as '-L/usr/lib -lz'.
> These are the 2 mysql libs I have ... I think (libs are .a right?):
> I tried linking to both with the same results.
> I see /usr/local/mysql/libmysql/my_compress.o, so now I'm thinking I have an
> incomplete lib. Any ideas?
You need to link against zlib.
> Sorry to copy you direct on this but I'd like to get this work asap.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html