This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: change wallpaper periodly by cron?
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 10:20:10 +0200
- Subject: Re: change wallpaper periodly by cron?
- References: <20030820140025.325F.LUCIFER@tsinghua.org.cn>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 02:12:52PM +0800, Lucifer wrote:
> I wrote a simple program to change my desktop wallpaper:
> It works well when I run it under cygwin console: the wallpaper changes
> However, when I put it in my crontab (I want to change my desktop
> apperance periodly :p), the wallpaper doesn't change. The log read:
> "Error: 1459", which means "This operation requires an interactive
> window station."
> Is this a limitation of cron? How can I resolve it? Thanks in advance.
It's a limitation of service processes. You can only change it by setting
the "Allow service to interact with desktop" property of the service.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer mailto:email@example.com
Red Hat, Inc.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html