This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: gdb and STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
- From: Elfyn McBratney <elfyn at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 23:26:08 +0100
- Subject: Re: gdb and STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Jim Holder wrote:
> I can neither run gdb without any parameters --
> -- nor with a compiled program name (in the current directory) as an argument
> gdb a.exe
> Though I can run --
> gdb --help
> With "gdb" or "gdb a.exe" I get a segmentation fault. The core dump reveals
> "Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION at..." I added my user ID to /etc/passwd,
> but that didn't help.
Have you tried re-installing gdb to see if that fixes your problem?
> I am running cygwin 1.3.19-1, gdb 20030303-1, windows 2000 version 5.0 sp 4.
> What do I need?
That should be sufficient, though, an upgrade wouldn't go a miss. I'd try upgrading
Cygwin and/or GDB, and see it if helps.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html