This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
opening attachments from emacs/gnus under cygwin
- From: Jason Dufair <jase at dufair dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 16:25:40 -0500
- Subject: opening attachments from emacs/gnus under cygwin
- Organization: The Dufair Family
- Reply-to: jase at dufair dot org
In the event this helps anyone...
I'm running GNU Emacs 21.2.1 and gnus 5.10.1 under Cygwin 1.3.22. I got
tired of having to save attachments and then open a dired buffer and
then launch via shellex. So I created a .mailcap and put the following
application/msword; cmd /c winword.exe "`cygpath -aw "%s"`"
Lo and behold, MS Word attachments now launch. Lather, rinse, and
repeat for other MIME types.
Jason Dufair - email@example.com
"Give a man fire and he will be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."
-- Terry Pratchett
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html