This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: patch unusable to apply patches to binary files
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 18:00:41 +0200
- Subject: Re: patch unusable to apply patches to binary files
- References: <004501c3657f$289744c0$6b547ad5@starfruit>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Mon, Aug 18, 2003 at 12:52:09PM +0100, Max Bowsher wrote:
> Because patch always reads its input in textmode, it cannot be used to apply
> patches to binary files - e.g. gcc-core-3.3-3.3.1.diff, which updates binary
> .gmo files.
Bummer. I guess I have to patch patch once more. I'll recycle the
--binary option again for this kind of situation as soon as I find some
spare time to do that.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Red Hat, Inc.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html