This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
du.exe v3.5/4.1 or v3.16/4.0: where is the bug?
- From: "Elisabetta Flamini" <Elisabetta_Flamini at it dot ibm dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: Paul_Keeler/UK/IBM%IBMIT <Paul_Keeler/UK/IBM at it dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 17:16:18 +0200
- Subject: du.exe v3.5/4.1 or v3.16/4.0: where is the bug?
My problem is about different versions of du.exe that work in a different
the argument is executing du against a file owned by a different user than
the one running du.
<disk usage> <file>
GNU fileutils 3.5
GNU fileutils 4.1
<file>: Permission denied
GNU fileutils 3.16
GNU fileutils 4.0
In other words, using version 3.16 or 4.0 du fails to execute due to
restricted permissions on the file.
What I wonder is why the behaviour changed through all those du.exe
versions and finally what should be the right way of working.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html