This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: ld -r errors with C++ objects
- From: "Brian R. Gaeke" <gaeke at uiuc dot edu>
- To: Danny Smith <danny_r_smith_2001 at yahoo dot co dot nz>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 15:39:35 -0500
- Subject: Re: ld -r errors with C++ objects
- References: <email@example.com>
Ross Smith wrote:
> Are you using -Ur? If not, RTFM. If you are, I'm out of suggestions.
Danny Smith wrote:
> The problem is with the .stabs debugging symbols in C++ - and it has been
> around for awhile as you have already noted. Debugging symbols don't seem to
> cause problem in C.
> This should work (strip the debug info) but may not be what you want.
> ld -r -S -o 3,o 1.o 2.o
> You may wish to report to binutils list as a bug.
Thanks for the suggestions. I tried both of the above options and
neither one seems to have helped. I will bring this to the attention
of the binutils maintainers.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html