Re: perl -MCPAN -e shell crashes w98se

Hallo Graham,

Am Mittwoch, 6. August 2003 um 20:16 schriebst du:

> Gerrit,
>>
>>> Is it easy to install 5.61 instead ?
>>
>>Yes, using setup.exe should make it as easy as possible,

> I installed 5.61, and managed to install DBI. However the system still
> froze completely (mouse/keyboard completely locked for 2+ minutes)
> partway through the install.

Hmm, at which point did this happen?

> Installing CPANPLUS failed, but for different reasons (attached).
> Since CPAN seems to work I think I, will leave it as it is.

Please try to update Compress::Zlib (latest is 1.22) at first
(manually, you cannot do it via the CPAN module).

But I guess you're a candidate for `rebase`.  The rebase package is
installable via setup.exe, please read the rebase-xyz.README in
/usr/doc/Cygwin and run `rebaseall`.

Gerrit
--
=^..^=