This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] Available for test: cygwin-1.5.2-1
- From: Christopher Faylor <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 22:57:43 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Available for test: cygwin-1.5.2-1
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
I've made a new version of the Cygwin DLL and associated utilities
available for download.
This version is currently available for testing only. The 1.5.x
versions of the DLL contains major changes in some APIs such that 64 bit
file I/O operations are now available as well as 32 bit uids and gids.
This means that some structures such as those found in 'stat' and
'dirent' have changed. Older applications will continue to work
correctly but DLLs and libraries which use any structures whose size has
changed will need to be recompiled and relinked. Barring any problems,
this version should become the current cygwin version on 2003-08-23.
There have been two problems with previous 1.5.x releases. One involved
any application that used fdopen and another involved any application
that used -lc on the command line. If you have rebuilt a library or
application for 1.5.0 or 1.5.1 and you used either of these, you will
need to relink your app for 1.5.2. I'm very sorry for the
inconvenience. Executables linked for/with 1.3.22 or earlier should
continue to work fine.
If you are maintaining a cygwin package, then you should be subscribed
to the cygwin-apps mailing list, and you should be following the
discussions there about rebuilding for the cygwin 1.5.x series. If you
are a package maintainer and are not actively following this list, there
is a strong possibility that your package will be pulled from the cygwin
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.
If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
mailing list at: email@example.com .
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
Red Hat, Inc.
Changes since 1.5.1-1:
- Return the correct number of bytes from a readv. (Christopher Faylor)
- Don't set errno on readdir exhaustion. (Pavel Tsekov)
- Fix problem where 'who' entries were not deleted on rxvt exit.
- Include removable drives in mount list. (Pavel Tsekov)
- Fix problem where libc.a did not contain new overridden functions.
- Fix memory corruption when /etc is missing. (David Rothenberger)
- Correctly define INT32_MIN. (Gerrit P. Haase)
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html