Re: proftpd issues

Fixes for what?  If proftpd needs to switch user contexts (using Cygwin
system calls), the account it runs under needs to have those rights.
Period.  If the SYSTEM account doesn't have those rights on your machine,
it's nothing that proftpd can fix.  You'll just need to either create an
account with those rights, or add them to an existing account.

As for domain authentication, are the entries for the domain users you're
trying to authenticate present in your /etc/passwd file?  Are their
corresponding groups in /etc/group?  Just to eliminate that possibility,
could you please run "mkpasswd -d yourdomain >> /etc/passwd" and "mkgroup
-d yourdomain >> /etc/group" before trying again?  You may want to save
backup copies of /etc/passwd and /etc/group first.
	Igor

--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu