This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Help install in winNT
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: hfernandezb <hfernandezb at nitcom dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 23:28:35 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: Help install in winNT
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Wed, 6 Aug 2003, hfernandezb wrote:
> I do'nt install cygwin in WinNT
> Dr. Watson de WinNT
> Error de aplicacion y se esta generando un registro de error de aplicacion
> Excepcion: infraccion de acceso (0x0000005), Direccion: 0x0045f1b0
> Please help ...
So, setup is giving you an access violation. We need to at least know
- which version of setup that was
- what exact version of the operating system you're running
- at which point in the installation process did the exception happen
- which packages were you trying to install
- is there already Cygwin on the system, and
- do you have the setup.log and setup.log.full files?
With that extra information, we could begin to diagnose the problem and
try to offer possible solutions.
P.S. This is a Cygwin-related problem and doesn't belong on the pgsql list.
|\ _,,,---,,_ email@example.com
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"I have since come to realize that being between your mentor and his route
to the bathroom is a major career booster." -- Patrick Naughton
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html