This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: cygwin to backup Windows data
- From: Vince Hoffman <Vince dot Hoffman at uk dot circle dot com>
- To: "'Reini Urban'" <rurban at x-ray dot at>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 12:57:17 +0100
- Subject: RE: cygwin to backup Windows data
> > I'm beginning to think a non-Cygwin solution may be their
> better fit and
> > may be the one they are leaning towards.
> rsync compiles fine without cygwin.
Just thought i should correct this.
from that link
"1. You will need two files, rsync.exe and cygwin1.dll."
ie you need cygwin.
1) that post was circa 1999.
2)i dont think those binaries are even available anymore anyway.
If they arent happy with generic cygwin tools, they should either use
windows pitiful (but usable just) native utils or maybe have a look at the
amanda (backup program) client that apparently builds under cygwin.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html