This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Yes but I don't understand ...
- From: David Selby <cygwin at pusspaws dot net>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 21:14:55 +0100
- Subject: Yes but I don't understand ...
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at pusspaws dot net
Randall R Schulz wrote:
At 12:28 2003-08-05, David Selby wrote:
I have hit a problem with bash ... as a sample program I have ...
Your problem is that /bin/sh is ash, not BASH. To get BASH, use /bin/bash
You are dead right, I tried
and it worked perfectly, but I am afraid I do not understand why ...
Tells me I have bash
I call cygwin with ...
c:\cygwin\win\rxvt.exe -e \bin\bash --login -i
Where did ash (a stripped down bash?) come in ?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html