This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: need help
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Don Sharp <dwsharp at iee dot org>
- Cc: volker dot stetter at evobus dot com, <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 10:13:20 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: need help
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Tue, 5 Aug 2003, Don Sharp wrote:
> firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
> > Hello,
> > when i start cygwin, the program say's i have to create a folder /tmp (C:\tmp).
> > Now my question: Can i change the path from this folder to an other path (for
> > example c:\program files\cygwin\tmp)? What i have to do, to change the path?
> > Thank you for your help.
> I would be inclined to binary mount it for everyone
> mount -s -b c:\\program\ files\\cygwin\\tmp /tmp
> If you must stick to a directory path with spaces in it might be better
> to use
> mount -s -b c:\\PROGRA~1\\cygwin\\tmp /tmp
> If c:\program files\cygwin is your cygwin / then
> mkdir /tmp
> may be an easier choice.
> Don Sharp
Two notes about mount:
1) you can use the mixed path format (using forward slashes, '/'), which
makes quoting easier
2) mount handles dirs with spaces just fine. For example, on my system:
$ mount | grep java
C:\Program Files\IBM\Java13 on /usr/contrib/java type user (textmode)
Hope this helps,
|\ _,,,---,,_ email@example.com
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"I have since come to realize that being between your mentor and his route
to the bathroom is a major career booster." -- Patrick Naughton
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html