This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Controversial what if.... we disable ntsec by default again?
- From: Doug VanLeuven <roamdad at attglobal dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 06:46:05 -0700
- Subject: Re: Controversial what if.... we disable ntsec by default again?
- References: <02f301c35b4a$8e792f40$017c883e@starfruit>
Why isn't ntsec a mount option?
Max Bowsher wrote:
Having ntsec on by default has shown us that the imperfect mapping between
ACLs and file modes can cause a *lot* of problems. Essentially, for ntsec to
be useful, a fair amount of caring for permissions is required. New users
are often not prepared for this. Hence: what about making ntsc off by
If not, I guess the ntsec code needs to be spun off into a seperate library,
where setup can get at it too.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html