This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: starting up in rxvt ?
- From: <fergus at bonhard dot uklinux dot net>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: <fergus at bonhard dot uklinux dot net>
- Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2003 12:24:45 +0100
- Subject: Re: starting up in rxvt ?
- Reply-to: <fergus at bonhard dot uklinux dot net>
Do not start with a bash process. If you try starting things with
Start -> Run -> c:\Cygwin\bin\rxvt -e /bin/bash
that will start a rxvt terminal which reads ~/.bashrc. If you try
Start -> Run -> c:\Cygwin\bin\rxvt -e /bin/bash --login -i
that will start a rxvt terminal which reads /etc/profile then
After "rxvt" but before "-e" insert switches for rxvt if you want them,
like -bg blue -fg yellow and that sort of thing.
All this assumes you are not running XWin. If you have previously set
DISPLAY and have started XWin using start XWin -multiwindow, then you can
start a rxvt session as above prefixed with the command "run ".
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html