This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Question regarding problem during uninstall using setup.exe
- From: "Max Bowsher" <maxb at ukf dot net>
- To: <alan dot miles at ieee dot org>,<cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 15:13:20 +0100
- Subject: Re: Question regarding problem during uninstall using setup.exe
- References: <JLEBIHHBMBHBAFPAJLEFOEHGEBAA.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Alan Miles wrote:
> Thanks for the message.
> However, my "packages" did NOT create these directories - I just wish to
> mount them, therefore setup should not be deleting them. For example,
> I mount C:\Documents and Settings\Alan Miles as /mnt/User. Setup should
> (and does not) delete the files in this sub-directory.
Can you reproduce the problem on demand? If so, tell us how, and also, try
zgrepping /etc/setup/*.lst.gz for the paths that get deleted.
> I noticed Christopher Faylor has replied as well, but I haven't had a
> to review his message. I will do that later, when I have more time.
This is a rather silly thing to do. Reading his message would have taken
less time than typing the above paragraph.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html