This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: strings corresponding to which package
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Sanjay Goel <sanjaygoel at despammed dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 07:44:53 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: strings corresponding to which package
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Fri, 1 Aug 2003, Sanjay Goel wrote:
> there is a utility called strings in cygwin. I want to find out which
> package provides it. In linux, I could do it using rpm -qf <filename> .
> How can I do that in cygwin?
Search <http://cygwin.com/packages/> for "strings.exe" or "zgrep -l
|\ _,,,---,,_ email@example.com
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"I have since come to realize that being between your mentor and his route
to the bathroom is a major career booster." -- Patrick Naughton
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html