SSHD extra listening socket

Windows 98 with the latest downloads including the latest OpenSSH patch,
version 3.6.1p1-2.

I noticed that there was a discussion about a year back on extra
listening sockets being opened by ssh/sshd on the localhost and I am
seeing this, with every connection there is an extra unprivileged port
opened on the localhost for listening, which changes as if it is being
closed and then reopened for each keypress.

Has any progress been made on some sort of fix?