Re: LibXML2/LibXSLT testers wanted

[...]

EM> Right, I know I've now a tarnished reputation for having my
EM> homework=94 ;-) in on time, but I mean it this time..this is
EM> nearly ready to be released. Tomorrow evening I'll release test
EM> versions of libxml2 and libxslt (versions 2.5.7 and 1.0.27
EM> respectively).

Hi Elfyn,

Thank you *so* much for trying to bring libxml2/libxslt up to date,
they were really lagging behind the main release, so you can imagine
that I was excited to see your request for beta testers.
Unfortunately I can't report that they work for me out-of-the-box (or
at all yet).

I just grabbed the latest setup.exe from cygwin.com and selected the
new 'experimental" libxml2/libxslt package (the 2.5.7/1.0.27 you
mention about) and updated them (along with the rest of the updates),
they install fine, but fail at run-time.

Specifically, when I attempt to run xsltproc from the Cygwin shell,
no dice like so:

$ xsltproc

I get a dialog box with the following message:

"Error Starting Program

The CYGXML2-2.DLL file is linked to missing export CYGWIN1.DLL:_fopen64."

Similar woes follow if I attempt to call the python module, using
this:

$ python
>>> import libxml2
(don't have error message in front of me, but it gives a message
about a DLL problem of somesuch, will e-mail when I next get to the
Windoze machine)

Is there another package that is required for these packages that
setup.hint is not clued into?  I can send my machine/package
configuration using cygcheck if necessary.  I'm running on a Win98
machine.  (I did attempt to build the package directly after
downloading the source using the build.sh script in the
CYGWIN-PATCHES, but it died horribly during the configure step, can
send the console output if necessary when I'm in front of the said
machine, now I'm safely back in the "normal" world of GNU/Linux).

Thanks,

Alex