Re: Looking for Package Donation HOW-TO

Christopher Faylor wrote:

On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 08:42:04PM -0400, Joakim Erdfelt wrote:

I'm attempting to find a HOW-TO on donating to the cygwin project.
Not having much luck tho.

The Cygwin Web Page Contributing Cygwin Packages

Or, since this is fvwm you could assume that it had something to
do with Cygwin/XFree86 and ask in the appropriate mailing list,
i.e., cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com .

Actually, it has to do with a number of packages.
fvwm was just an example of one. (Most of the others are console apps.)
I didn't think it would be appropriate to spam both groups.
Elfyn McBratney (thanks!) pointed me at the appropriate places. I'm well on my way now.

One last question not present on that page.
What are the policies regarding appropriate software licenses?
I'm assuming any OSS approved license is ok.

/* joakim */