Re: NTsec permissions issue over inet

YIKES!!!!!  There it is,  and right there in the users guide no less....
not only that, but in a section I've actually read a number of
times!!!!!.....  Well,  that does explain almost everything that is going on
( though, it seems  to have gotten even tighter since the 1.3.12 release
that allows me to access net drives if I specify a passwd during rlogin( as
mentioned below)).  The perl script is actually running as a service; as a
user with net access rights.
I hate to ask this without looking at the inetd/xinetd code first:  But is
there any chance that context switching will be "fixed" to allow net access
too someday?  Or is there an easy way to rebuild inetd in such a way that I
could run it as a network user  (rather than SYSTEM) and allow it to
interact with net drives directly ?( I've tryed this,  but without much
luck). If I may be so impertinent, this seems somewhat un-UNIX like
behavior. I was  VERY close to unifying our maintenance and process scripts
for all of our Unix and windows machines using cygwin,  but since virtually
every process we use in house is accessed via an nfs or smb network link (
at times upwards of 3000 mounts at a time)....  We currently control 2400
various Unix boxes with rsh/rlogin, and  given the robustness of cygwin
currently,  about the only thing keeping us from adding the 700 ( and
climbing) windows boxes to this, is this issue.

If anyone has any suggestions ( aside from " move over to Linux" ,  or "
convert everything to windows") I'd really appreciate it..  In any case,
Thanks Igor, for the time spent already..

Bruce D.