This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: printf "\n"|perl -pe '1;'|od -a #perl 5.8 converts to *DOS* text :-<
- From: "Max Bowsher" <maxb at ukf dot net>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 11:33:29 +0100
- Subject: Re: printf "\n"|perl -pe '1;'|od -a #perl 5.8 converts to *DOS* text :-<
- References: <001601c324fc$16d4f700$6500a8c0@ufo>
Trevor Forbes wrote:
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Gerrit P. Haase
> > Since Cygwin runs on Windows and Windows is a DOS system the PERLIO
> > layer crlf is default.
Ugh. Some of use Cygwin to *escape* Windows!
Is there any way to tell perlio "just let the system (i.e. cygwin) handle
That would be a nice default.
> FYI. The new perl DOS default mode is breaking things such as
What, exactly? I haven't noticed anything, but would like to know what to
> Note: I have added "export PERLIO=raw" to /etc/profile as a workaround..
Thanks for the hint.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html