This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
quoting windows pathnames
- From: "Charles D. Russell" <worwor at bellsouth dot net>
- To: "cygwin cygwin" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 14:26:41 -0500
- Subject: quoting windows pathnames
- Reply-to: "Charles D. Russell" <worwor at bellsouth dot net>
Since switching to Windows XP, I am forced to use pathnames with spaces. In
.profile, how do you quote a pathname with spaces so that cd $DIRNAME and
ls $DIRNAME will work? I can write a $DIRNAME that will work in makefiles
or when invoked from the bash shell as ls "$DIRNAME", but I can't find a way
that lets me omit the quotes when using ls from the shell prompt.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html