This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: international chars in user name
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Vishal Jain <vxj45 at hotmail dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 16:40:59 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: international chars in user name
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Fri, 16 May 2003, Vishal Jain wrote:
> Does cygwin support user name with international characters?
If Windows supports it, Cygwin most likely supports it. Some scripts may
not have the proper quoting and the like, though...
FYI, you can change your Cygwin username to be whatever you want -- as
long as the SID is intact, Cygwin will know which Windows user is
associated with which Cygwin username. Technically, the same goes for the
UID as well, but there are some other issues there (e.g., access on
|\ _,,,---,,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ email@example.com
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty.
-- Leto II
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html