This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Renaming YELLER'S directories to something less aloud (Was: case sensitivity and filenames)
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: "Hannu E K Nevalainen (garbage mail)" <garbage_collector at telia dot com>
- Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 13:47:52 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: RE: Renaming YELLER'S directories to something less aloud (Was: case sensitivity and filenames)
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Fri, 16 May 2003, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> If you fix the first problem (i.e., setting "check_case:strict"), mv will
> complain on attempting to move something into a directory if the case is
> not exact, e.g., "mv AAA aaa" will fail with
> mv: cannot create directory `aaa': Filename exists with different caseIllegal byte sequenceValue too large for defined data type
> (so ok, there's a bug in mv's error printing code :-D)
Well, actually, FYI, the bug was in winsup/cygwin/errno.cc (missing
commas), and it seems to be fixed in CVS.
|\ _,,,---,,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ email@example.com
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty.
-- Leto II
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html