This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Wavplay for cygwin?
- From: Ronald Landheer-Cieslak <ronald at landheer dot com>
- To: "Gary R. Van Sickle" <g dot r dot vansickle at worldnet dot att dot net>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 10:15:50 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: RE: Wavplay for cygwin?
On Wed, 14 May 2003, Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:
> > Tomasz Rojek wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > Does anyone have or has seen wavplay compiled on cygwin? I need a small
> > and
> > > fast application to play wav files from CLI. I want to use it in ekg
> > > (instant messaging program based on Gadu-Gadu protocol - very popular on
> > > unix/linux machines in Poland) to play appropriate file when specific
> > event
> > > appears. Of course any simple program which can play wave file will also
> > do
> > > fine.
> > cat foo.wav > /dev/dsp
> > Max.
> Wow. Word to the wise: Do NOT try that with an .mp3!
actually, I did, and scared my wife doing so ;)
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html