This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin + samba pdc = ssh problem [FAQ alert]
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Nicolas Mailhot <Nicolas dot Mailhot at one2team dot com>
- Cc: Doug VanLeuven <roamdad at attglobal dot net>, <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 10:40:54 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: cygwin + samba pdc = ssh problem [FAQ alert]
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 14 May 2003, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Doug VanLeuven wrote:
> | You'll need to set CYGWIN=smbntsec (plus whatever else you might be
> | using) and "nt acl support = yes" in smb.conf for the affected shares
> This worked ! Thanks an awfully lot for the tip. I don't know what we'd
> have done otherwise - probably dump cygwin altogether I think. I'm
> actually surprised this is not documented in the FAQ next in the chmod
> is not working part.
> Best regards,
Would you care to write a relevant FAQ section/amendment outlining what
you did and contribute it (post it to this list)? That way the Cygwin FAQ
maintainer can pick it up and put it in the FAQ right away. Perhaps Doug
could help also... After all, <http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PTC>.
|\ _,,,---,,_ email@example.com
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty.
-- Leto II
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html