This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Sending files over the serial port
- From: Øyvind Harboe <oyvind dot harboe at zylin dot com>
- To: <cygwin at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 13:18:49 +0200
- Subject: Sending files over the serial port
I'm trying to send files over the serial port using xmodem, ymodem
The idea was to use lsz from http://www.ohse.de/uwe/software/lrzsz.html
- I'm having trouble configuring the serial port to e.g. 38400, 8
bits, no parity, no handshake, 1 stop bit.
I believe stty can be used to configure the serial port:
$ stty -F com1 38400
stty: com1: unable to perform all requested operations
- For now I've set CYGWIN=reset_com, locking the serial configuration
However, when I try to run upload a file via zmodem, it appears as if
the line below does not successfully redirect stdin/stdout to com1. The
command returns immediately, as if reading from the serial port does
$ lsz --zmodem foobar.zip >com1 0<&1
Retry 0: Timeout on pathname
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html