This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: GPL & Copyrights
- From: Elfyn McBratney <elfyn at ubertales dot co dot uk>
- To: Mario Ohnewald <mario dot ohnewald at gmx dot de>
- Cc: Cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 23:16:16 +0100 (BST)
- Subject: Re: GPL & Copyrights
On Sun, 11 May 2003, Mario Ohnewald wrote:
> I would like to use cygwin (Xfree) to work with a tool which i am gonna
> Cygwin will be the basement of the whole project. Is it legal to put cygwin
> into this project package?
> I am not gonna change or touch the actual code/files from cygwin.
> As i know i can do this, cause i do not change or sell it in any way.
> My Project is going to be open and unter the GPL, too.
This page (<http://cygwin.com/licensing.html>) on the Cygwin web site
pretty much says it all. In a nut shell, if you distribute Cygwin or
Cygwin packages (from the net release) you must provide sources with the
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html